A woman from Georgia fought for her life when a rabid bobcat suddenly appeared on her driveway. When the animal attacked her, the woman knew her only way of surviving was to fight back, so she strangled the animal. She was shocked at the situation, but she knew she had nothing else to do.
The rabid bobcat appeared in the woman’s driveway
On June 7th, DeDe Phillips, aged 46, was the victim of a strange incident that she barely survived. She was out on her driveway in front of her house, mingling around her pickup truck. She had just added a new bumper sticker on it, so she went to her house to bring her smartphone and take a picture of it.
As soon as she came back outside, she spotted a rabid bobcat standing right next to her truck. That moment, she knew she had nowhere to go and was in great danger. It only took the animal two steps and it had already jumped at her. If she hadn’t acted quickly, the animal would have bitten her.
The woman escaped by grabbing the animal at its shoulders and strangling it
Fortunately, she knew a few things about bobcats. Her father-in-law was in the bobcat trapping business, but she had never seen one in her life. However, she used the knowledge she had picked up over time. The animal jumped at her face, and she knew it would try to bite her jugular.
Therefore, she knew she had to keep it from reaching her neck. As soon as the rabid bobcat bumped her down, she could grab its shoulders and take it down from her. As she put it to the ground, she put her hands around its throat and started strangling it. There could be only one winner, and she knew she had to kill it if she wanted to survive.
As she was keeping the animal pinned to the ground, she managed to get help. The woman screamed after her daughter-in-law, who called her son who intervened immediately. To make sure the rabid bobcat won’t attack anyone again, it stabbed it several times. The outcome was a bit unfortunate, but it was the only way the woman could save herself. The creature still left her scratches and bruises but, fortunately, she didn’t catch rabies.
Image source: Wikimedia Commons