Got your copy of Dishonored 2? If your answer is yes, then I resent you. Joke aside, you might have noticed that the game is not all that well optimized in terms of graphics performance.
Don’t get me wrong! Bethesda has done a marvelous job when it comes to texture and graphics. The game itself is gorgeous and the plot – simply divine. However, there are those small things that make you go from: ‘What a great game! Way to go Bethesda! to ‘I want to burn this game and throw my PC into the trash bin’.
But fear not, because there’s a solution to your graphic performance-related issues. And this time the company was the one that published the solution, not a bunch of angry dudes on a forum.
So, the first fix offered by Bethesda refers to the ALT+TAB combinations. While most of us are quite comfortable with switching between the game and probably an opened Chrome tab, the company advises us against using the key combo, as the game might crash.
Now, if you did hit the combo by mistake, and get low fps in the game, you should try to restart the game. Bethesda says that this solution works most of the time. Furthermore, you should also close all background apps before playing the game as they may reduce graphic performance.
Another good advice coming from Skyrim’s developer is to update your video card’s driver. Now, if you’ve followed these steps, but Dishonored 2 is still not performing adequately, then you can try some of these tricks.
- Lower your resolution – this usually works for low-end PCs.
- Adjust Adaptive Resolution slide – the default is 50%. Try to bring it up to 75% and see if this solves your problem.
- Turn on V-sync – this feature synchronizes the game’s resolution to the monitor’s native resolution. It’s an extremely useful trick especially when you have large framerate drops.
- Keep your resolution on 1440p.
- Adjust Dishonored 2 Textures. Try to set the texture to high or medium.
- Keep graphics on Auto to optimize performance.
- Disable TXAA Anti-Aliasing.
Now, if you have any more performance-wise issues, you can try the following trick. Note that this hack only works for NVIDIA video cards. Fire up your GeForce Experience Manager. Search for “Dishonored 2” in your game manager and click on optimize.In the bottom corner of the screen, click on the green wrench icon in order to optimize the game.
That’s it! Have fun and kick some major cans.
Image source: Flickr