A man from Huntsville, Alabama literally had the shock of his life. After a night had spent with his iPhone on the bed, the man ended up in the hospital’s emergency room with second- and third-degree burns. The man’s doctors said that the individual could consider himself lucky to be alive, considering the electric shock he received.
Willie Day declared that he was just about to hit the sack when he remembered that his iPhone would soon run out of juice. Day plugged the phone’s charger in an outlet and fell asleep with the phone still on his bed.
As the man recalls, sometime during the night, after twisting and turning for a couple of times, the charger became loose, exposing its prongs. Willie Day always wears a metallic dog-tag medallion around his neck.
To his utter misfortune, during that night, his metallic necklace someone got caught in the exposed prongs. As a result, the man got one of the most shocking wakes up calls in the history. Willie Day declared that he doesn’t remember too many details about what the incident.
However, he remembers waking up abruptly and jumping out of bed. In a press interview, Willie said that the only thing he felt after springing out of bed was a strange numbness around his neck. After that, he said that he started having blurred vision.
In few seconds, he figured out that the metallic chain around his neck must have been caught up in the iPhone charger and that he was electrocuted. With one last effort, the man managed to remove the chain from around his neck and to call his family for help.
Willie said that after screaming for help, he must have passed out and woke up in the hospital. Benjamin Fail, one of Willie’s attending physicians, declared that the man is fortunate to be alive, considering that approximately 110 volts of electricity went through his body.
When he was rushed to the hospital’s emergency room, Willie Day had second- and third-degree burns to his neck area. Fortunately, the doctors were able to treat his injuries. After a few days spent at the hospital, the man received a clean bill of health and was sent on his merry way.
Since his iPhone accident, Willie Day made a habit of letting his iPhone charge in the kitchen over the night.
Image source: FreeGreatPicture